[kdepim-users] ~/.Mail.directory

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Jul 4 09:03:56 BST 2013

On Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:27:55 AM Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> I keep getting a    ~/.Mail.directory     created I think when I start
> KMail2. What's it used for? It contains some or all of a basic mail
> folder tree with no contents.

I am wondering if this is the root of my problems, from

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=98929

    "KMail 2 by default treats the folder given as a standard MBox - so
    some of your Mail would escape from the folder, and end up as
    /home/<username>/.Mail.directory/"

with a prescription for fixing the situation, in the Feb 05, 2012 11:25am
post.

Does this make sense?