[kdepim-users] kmail2 sync > akonadi db sync ???

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Jan 20 09:55:59 GMT 2013

Am Sonntag, 20. Januar 2013, 10:46:51 schrieb christophe:
> Thanks Werner, but that's not my question.
>
> Moreover, i don't want the messages on a server, i want them on my computer.

then use disconnected imap.
this way you have access to all your emails even when you're offline.
the argument, not to have emails on the server, e.g. for privacy reasons, is
paranoia, IMHO.
just note: also with pop3, the mails are initially on a server that you can't
control, and could be read/copied anyway, at least by the provider.

> Also, i use many pop3 email adresses on different servers.

most providers offer also imap, those who don't, are crap, anyway.
werner