[kdepim-users] kmail duplicates mails

Graham P Davis newsboy at scarlet-jade.com
Tue Jan 15 14:16:29 GMT 2013

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:56:42 +0100
christophe <christophe.dr at free.fr> wrote:

> Le mardi 15 janvier 2013 11:29:31 Graham P Davis a écrit :
> > On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:14:05 +0100
> > christophe <christophe.dr at free.fr> wrote:
> > > Is this a known problem ?
> > >

> > Should be. It was doing it before kmail2 was a gleam in the
> > developers' eyes.
>

> So how can i can rid of akonadi and use kmail without akonadi ?

What I meant was that the fault pre-dates kmail2 and akonadi so I'm
afraid that I don't see any solution through reverting to kmail1 and
dumping akonadi.

The only change kmail2 brought to the party was to issue loads of popup
messages asking which of the duplicate messages I wished to keep, thus
making the existing duplicates problem even more of a nuisance. On
advice, I tried switching from POP3 to IMAP but it made no difference.
That was the point at which I gave up.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
OS: Linux: openSUSE 12.3-M2 (64-bit); KDE 4.9.97.