[kdepim-users] Well I'm stumped.

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Mon Jan 7 22:39:13 GMT 2013

On Monday, January 07, 2013 05:23:23 PM Allan Topp wrote:
> Again thanks for the prompt response.
>
> I think the operative phrase that you are directing me to is:
>
>          Your address book is usually stored in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/.
>
> Alas it is NOT.  I know it has to be somewhere, but I have not been able
> to find it.
>
> On 01/07/2013 04:54 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > Normally the keyword is migration
> >
> > http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips#Migration
> >
> > and migration normally is copy some files under ~/.kde ...

have yoy looked at ~/.local/share/Contacts/ .Local is a hidden file unless you
enable whatever your using to display the files. I use Dolphin with the how
hidden files button. You may need to add it to the tool bar.

Your no supposed to edit the Contacts folder but you maybe able to copy the
folder to the new home directory. Someone who is more familar with kmail may
be anble to answer this.

Hope it helps some.

Russ
--
openSUSE 12.2(Linux 3.4.11-2.16-desktop x86_64)|
KDE 4.9.5 "release 3"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB DDR3|GeForce