[kdepim-users] kmail2 sync > akonadi db sync ???

christophe christophe.dr at free.fr
Sun Jan 20 13:40:44 GMT 2013

Le dimanche 20 janvier 2013 12:25:10 Maurice Batey a écrit :
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 10:12:26 +0100, christophe wrote:
>
> > i need to sync kmail between many computers so that i have the
> > same kmail on every computer, just as i used to do with kmail 1.13.
>
>   I do that also, on 2 desktops, a laptop and a netbook.
> The netbook has Mageia-2 (and -3), using KMail 4.8.x/4.10) and the
> others KMail 1.13.5 under Mandriva 2010.2.
>
> I use rsync rather than unison (though I did look at the latter).
>
> When cloning to the netbook, it at first takes the akonadified KMail
> a little time to re-index the email directories, which are in ~/mail
> (mapped onto KMail 'local').
>
> When away from base, we use either laptop or netbook, and on return
> clone the email DB back onto desktops.
>
> (And no - like you - I do not wish to use IMAP, mainly because although
> my ISP does provide free IMAP space, I would have to pay extra due to
> my email DB being larger than the free cap.)

Aaaaah, thank you Maurice, that's an answer that suits my question.

Ok, so, do you confirm that you 'clone' the db from one computer to the other
by copying akonadi database files from one computer to the other ?

Which file(s)/directory(ies) do you sync ?

Do you have any mail loss ?

Unread mails are the same from one replica to the other ?

Thanks for your help, Maurice.

--
christophe