[kdepim-users] kmail duplicates mails

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 16:09:50 GMT 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:11:33 +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> it has been seriously been improving these past few
> months.

  But not enough!
Its Find Messages is still sorely lacking in completeness.

In the hope that that had now been dealt with, I tried KMail 4.10 this
week, looking for emails that had "gmail.com" in the From field.

Result: In an Inbox of 4,000+ messages, it found only 19 occurrences,
whereas relatively unakonadified KMail 1.13.5 (KDE 4.5.2) found 145,
similarly with other strings.
  This was after ensuring that the folder had just been re-indexed.

That is why I am still using the older KMail, though if Thunderbird's
implementaton of 'maildlir'  is sorted out this year I shall probably
move over to that, even though otherwise I'm quite fond of KMail.
--
/\/\aurice