[kdepim-users] kmail duplicates mails

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Jan 15 10:27:51 GMT 2013

Tirsdag den 15. januar 2013 11:16:14 skrev christophe:
> Le mardi 15 janvier 2013 11:03:02 Anders Lund a écrit :
> > Tirsdag den 15. januar 2013 10:14:05 skrev christophe:
> > >
> > > Well, i have just installed opensuse 12.2 and i wouldn't like to risk
> >
> > any
> >
> > > instability by installing newer versions or unstable repository...
> > > Is this a known problem ?
> >
> > Yes
>
> Well it took me one whole weekend to migrate to kmail 2.
> It was really a pain beacause akonadi kept runing mad on the cpu and hdds.
> I know i have tens of thousands of emails, but despite one ssd and a recent
> cpu (4cores), it really was amazing how akonadi was mad with maybe ten procs
> borking the computer.
> I'm not really ready to risk a couple of night fearing that those emails are
> lost. So i am not sure i will risk a new update/upgrade unless i am twice
> certain it is no risk. Is it the only solution and is this solution
> reliable ?
>
> Or is there any other workaround ?

As far as I am concerned, kdepim 4.9 is the first usable kdepim release since 4.4, and
the newer the better. If there are KDE 4.9.x packages for your distribution, my advice
would be to use those. The KDE 4.10 release is due soon, another option is to wait for
that. (The schedule says jan 23., but I think there is a short delay due to an extra
release candidate)

--
Anders