[kdepim-users] Old emails missing message body

Jörg Schaible joerg.schaible at gmx.de
Fri Jan 25 22:33:28 GMT 2013

Hi,

Andras Mantia wrote:

> Mark Fraser wrote:
>
>> I've just been looking through a few old emails and I noticed that many
>> of them no longer have body. Looking at the source there is nothing below
>> these lines:

>> I do have back-ups of most of them, but is there any way of getting back
>> the other ones? Also why is this happening?
>
> For how long have you used KMail2? There was a bug (I guess fixed in some
> 4.8.x release), where you could lose the message body. Filtering could
> also do it in pre 4.9.x something. Sorry, I don't know the exact version
> numbers. I also have some body-less messages in my Inbox...

well, in case of IMAP offline mode, it's actually most of the time only
locally i.e. the mail is still complete on the server, but I don't know any
way to tell KMail2 to fetch it and index it again. I have quite some mails
all from end of 2011 where KMail2 presents me only the mail header. Take a
look with Trojíta and you'll see that the server has still the complete
mail.

- Jörg