[kdepim-users] kmail dead after 4.10 update

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Sat Feb 9 04:15:18 GMT 2013

On Friday, February 08, 2013 01:52:05 PM O. Sinclair wrote:

> Maybe I am lucky but for me KMail without completion and working
> Distribution Lists/Groups is severely disabled, that is why I skipped
> all 4.8.x releases. After an initial "leave the computer on overnight
> and let virtuoso eat its CPU alive" I have had very few problems.

Just upgraded myself (with some trepidation) and I have to agree, pretty much
the same.

> 4.10 seems exactly the same as 4.9 to me, same lags if any and so on.
> Nepomukcleaner I have run 2 times but no difference I can notice.

I did notice the startup time was less than before - virtuoso-t used to hog
CPU for ~10 minutes (2-3 cores full out) then 1 core for several hours (I
usually waited to restart for the late evening).  This time the first 10
minutes was the same but the rest is gone.

I didn't know about nepomukcleaner, it's running now.

> To be noted: I use mainly pop3 accounts, have 4 of them. Only 1 Imap and
> that is very inactive as it is just a test account with about 5 users.

All my mail is delivered to my domain server with only 1 pop3 account.  My
issue has always been with the handling of local mail which has been poor at
best.  I'm hoping things continue to stabilize and get better, I've come close
to dropping kmail in 4.8 with all the headaches.