[kdepim-users] kmail dead after 4.10 update

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 20:35:32 GMT 2013

Werner Joss wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013 20:19:30 CEST, Andras Mantia wrote:
>> Werner Joss wrote:
>>
>>> well, I just did an update kde 4.9.5 -> 4.10, kubuntu 12.04, and now my
>>> kmail is dead - it just sits there with spinning wheels on inbox + other
>>> folder. no mail retrieve, nothing. needless to say, no setup changes
>>> before, server (imap) is ok, I can see my mails perfectly in trojita
>>> (which I'm using to write this to the list). any advice ? Werner
>>
>> I assume you logged off and back, right?
>
> sure, I even rebooted :)
>
>> Is anything using the CPU heavily?
>
> no.
>
>> Restart akonadi in a console (akondictl restart) and see if outputs any
>> errors.
>
> did that.
> lots of warnings etc. which I can't interpret.
> see http://paste.kde.org/667022/

Unfortunately it doesn't tell me too much.
Some other ideas:
- run kdebugdialog and turn off all debug areas, than repeat the akonadictl
restart in a terminal to get rid of some noise.
- run akonadiconsole and (temporarly) enable the debugger and see if there
is heavy traffic going on when you select a folder.
- turn off nepomuk and see if helps

Andras