[kdepim-users] no sync-Button in kontact 4.4.7 anymore

Jan Kowalsky tuxus at notraces.net
Wed Feb 27 17:28:14 GMT 2013

Am Wednesday, 27. February 2013 schrieb Jan Kowalsky:

> kontact-version: 4.4.7
>
> There is only a "Check Mail" button in kmail. In korganizer it doesn't
> apear at all and there is no way to find the button while trying configure
> toolbar.
>
> The Problem is still present in version 4.4.11 (in debian testing). It was
> ok in version 3.5.X

after juggling with the different config-files of kontact and kmail I found out
that the configuration file

.kde/share/config/kmailrc

is responsible for this button

simply the lines

[Groupware]
Enabled=true

are missing.

After adding the two lines to .kde/share/config/kmailrc the buttons to sync
korganizer, kmail, and kabc in the kontact container.

But why there is no possibility to configure this via the frontend - or it is
enabled by default?

There is one side-effect: The function-key F5 is now ambigous: It's assigned to
"syncing the current folder" and to "sync all".

Just reassign another key to the Syncing current folder ...

chears
Jan