[kdepim-users] “Mark All Messages as R̲ead” vs. IMAP

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Tue Dec 3 11:52:20 GMT 2013

Hi *,

since KDE 4.11.3 entered Debian sid (which I’m running on my desktop at
work), I’m seeing weird behaviour in Kontact with IMAP accounts (one is
an uw-imapd running on localhost for sharing folders between Kontact and
pine/alpine, the other is a Univention 2.4 Kolab server):

I’m telling Kontact to “Mark All Messages as R̲ead”, but after the next
resync, the unread flags on the folder are back. The messages themselves
show up as black not blue, though.

In akonadiconsole, the “new” count is also >0. Telling it to “Cl̲ear
Akonadi Cache” does not help, either – is there anything else I can do?

In Kontact Enterprise 3.x, a simple resync multiple times (the button
with the swirl in it) would fix things like that, but in KDE 4 I’m
mostly helpless so far due to the abundance of components involved…

Thanks in advance,
//mirabilos