[kdepim-users] What keeps enabling HTML in KMail?

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 21:54:50 BST 2013

On 8-18-13 11:27:45 Maurice wrote:
> Something somewhere in KDE (on Mageia-3) keeps re-enabling HTML in
> Kmail's Composer (both in Composer/Options and Config Kmail/'Reply
> using HTML').
>
> This has just happened on the SO's PC, and she is not into changing
> such options deliberately herself.  The change appears to coincide
> with my enabling Composer's spell checking (which needed a change in
> System Settings/Locale/Spell checking) on her machine.
>
> I've also had this happen on my m/c, e.g. after a s/w update.
>
> In fact it has happened so often that I now have a weekly reminder
> to check the settings!
>
> Anyone else found this? Is there a cure?!

I encountered this on a fairly new installation of Fedora 19 after
some update.  I found that the only way to get it to go back to plain
text and stay there (of course, I set that option in the Settings
Kmail) was to deselect Formatting (HTML) in the Options menu of the
composer.  It seems to have stuck now.

    kdepim-4.10.5-1.fc19.x86_64

I find it irritating that someone decides that HTML should be the
default for E-mail.  I guess Microsoft has really made people dumb.

--
Garry T. Williams