[kdepim-users] Address completion in Kmail 4.10.2 [SOLVED?]

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Thu Aug 15 18:45:38 BST 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:27:26 +0000, I wrote:

>  I recently added a new entry, but 'completion' fails to find it

Belatedly found the following advice in some forum:

   "Is the nepomuk feeder running?

    To check the status:

       sudo apt-get install akonadiconsole
         (or, with e.g. Mageia: urpmi akonadiconsole)

    then start akonadiconsole (its a gui app) and check the "Akonadi
    Nepomuk Feeder". I suspect it will show either "Waiting for Nepomuk
    to start" or "Nepomuk not operational: Nepomuk is not running".

    Both statuses are a furphy, nepomuk is running but sometimes the
    feeder has a problem detecting this on startup. Restart the feeder
    to get it working (right click, Restart Agent).

    The feeder indexes the contacts collection and the index is used
    for auto completion"

Tried that (the Akonadi feeder was not running, so re-started it),
and the new addressbook entry is now found by 'address completion'.
  (Surprisingly, this still worked after a re-boot.)

--
/\/\aurice