[kdepim-users] Fwd: Sent emails not being stored on server

huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Fri Apr 12 16:13:03 BST 2013

On Friday, April 12, 2013 01:42:28 AM huw wrote:

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:41:39 AM Huw wrote:

OK, it's last resort time.  To completely rule out any configuration issues I'm
prepared to wipe my disk and reinstall my distro (yes, this issue is that
serious for me).  If that doesn't fix it Kontact and Kmail are going bye-bye.
Thanks again for all of the suggestions I've received.

Huw

Well, I am typing from a completely clean install.  I applied whatever updates
were waiting, set up Kontact, and sent an email.  Lo and behold, the email was
not copied to the server.

This is *broken*.  Attention Kmail devs: This is definitely a bug - will you
please investigate?!

Huw

Just in case anyone still cares...I have spent the whole day installing
different distros and starting again with completely clean configurations.  Time
and again, my test emails are being stored in the local sent folder, but not
in the remote folder.

Clearly something is broken here, and the Kmail devs appear not to care.  The
bug I filed remains closed despite myself and one other person asking for it to
be reopened.

As far as I'm concerned, Kmail is not fit for purpose due to this bug.  Which
means I'll have to go back to Evolution, which further means I may as well
ditch the KDE desktop altogether.

My sincerest thanks to those who did try to help me.

Huw