[kdepim-users] KMail not updating source folders on move operations unless restarted

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Apr 12 11:58:58 BST 2013

On Friday 12 April 2013 07:17:04 O. Sinclair wrote:

> On 11/04/2013 18:16, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 April 2013 18:12:52 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> Today I migrated my PIM setup from KDEPIM 1 from KDE SC 4.4.11 to
> >> KDEPIM 2 from KDE SC 4.10.2 on my Debian Sid system.
> >
> > […]
> >
> >> But the more important thing is:
> >>
> >> Whenever I move a mail or click on the icon for marking a mail spam via
> >> manuel filter which moves it to the spam folder, the mail does not
> >> disappear from the source folder of the move operation until I restart
> >> KMail.
> >
> > Same goes for marking messages as read.
> >
> > KMail only picks up the change after I restart it.
> >
> > Thus it applies all changes, but doesn´t display them in the source
> > folder unless being restarted.
>
> I see this sometimes too, there is no real "pattern" to it except for
> filtering being involved (btw CRM114 works just fine for me, I also use
> Spambayes to really harden the spamfiltering). The devs are aware, I
> have discussed this on their mailing list.
>
> No solution just yet though, it is "mildly irritating" to me, not a
> dealbreaker.

Bug 318234 - KMail sometimes does not update source folder view on move or
mark operations unless restarted
http://bugs.kde.org/318234

Sorry, if I missed an existing report. I didn´t find any.

Please point me to the discussion on kdepim developer mailing list. I didn´t
find it. Then I add this as reference to the bug report.

Anyway, now it works quite nicely, but I didn´t dare to start the Akonadi
Nepomuk Feeder yet. If need be I will turn off full text indexing at least
for some folders or even completely.