[kdepim-users] Folder messages total missing

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 2 10:06:48 BST 2012

On Sunday 02 September 2012 10:54:37 O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 10:48, Peter wrote:
> > On Sunday 02 September 2012 10:06:39 O. Sinclair wrote:
> >> right-click on the top of the folder list (where it says "Name" in my
> >> case) and click on the "Unread" option in the menu that appears
> >
> > Thanks for pointing to that tip. If I have 'unread' and 'total' ticked, no
> > details appear, that is, just folder name/s.
> >
> > If I untick 'unread', it actually shows the number unread.
> >
> > If I untick 'total', the view remains the same.
> >
> > I did try altering the options, then exit KMail, and enter again, no
> > change
> > though. Had a bit of a brief look at the KDE bugs.
>
> did you scroll the folder list to the right? That is where I find
> "total", not visible unless I scroll

Ahh, now I see it, thanks.  The column name called Total is left aligned and
the folder totals (details for the 'Total' column) is right aligned, so making
the folder window width quite large. The result is that I can't make the
column width any smaller, without loosing the number/total of emails for the
folder view.

At least I can see the totals there now.

Thanks,

Peter