[kdepim-users] kmail and IMAP questions

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Sep 27 22:29:53 BST 2012

On Torsdag den 27. september 2012 21:13:10 Andras Mantia wrote:
> Anders Lund wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I consider switching to using IMAP for my mail, but I have some questions:
> >
> > I need to have messages filtered, and my mail service does not support
> > sieve filtering. Can Kmail do filtering on imap accounts?
> >
> > I use bogofilter to filter spam, will that work with imap?
> >
> > TIA :)
>
> The answer is yes to both question, with the following comments:
> - if you use disconnected mode, no special comments :)
> - if you want online mode (to download only the headers on sync and the
> body on demand), having spam filter on client side will anyway download the
> body, effectively turning the online mode in disconnected mode. Same if you
> have any other filter that requires more than the envelope or the header
> part.

Ok, now running IMAP. My messages are not filtered when the inbox folder is
updated, although all my filters are enabled for all accounts. I can filter by
hitting CTRL + J, but when the inbox is updated, all the filtered messages,
except from spam which is moved away from the imap account, reappears in
inbox.

Maybe I have some wrong settings.

--
Anders