[kdepim-users] KOrganizer won't display calendars, etc. [SOLVED]

James K Gruetzner jkgruet at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 15 16:24:08 BST 2012

I've added a [SOLVED] tag to the subject line in order to help others doing
searches.  I've also summarized the situation below.

Symptoms:
(1) Events from std.ics and other calendar files do not display.
(2) New events added do not display in KOrganizer agenda view, although they
may be added to the underlying calendar.

Environment:
 - KDE4.9.2
 - This solution presumes that Akonadi is functioning properly.  If not, do a
web search on your particular problem in order to get that up and running.
(And good luck with your efforts!)
 - Settings>Configure KOrganizer>General, Calendars tab, shows at least one
calendar "ready".  If not, you will need to add a calendar (e.g., .ics file)
 - System Settings>Akonadi Configuration indicates that the standard calendar
(and any others) are "Ready"  (This basically verifies the previous step)

  Calendars must be enabled in order to be displayed.  At least one calendar
must be enabled for events to be added and displayed.  Calendar enabling is
done in the sidebar Calendar Manager, and not in Configure KOrganizer

Steps:
(1) Enable Settings>Sidebar>Show Calendar Manager.
(1a) Note:  sometimes you may have to disable all other sidebar settings to
get it to show.
(2) You should see in the sidebar a list of calendars, including the default
(normally std.ics).  Enable the one(s) you desire by clicking on the box.
(3) Return KOrganizer to the display type you like.

Have a great day!
  James