[kdepim-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: KOrganizer won't display calendars, etc.

James K Gruetzner jkgruet at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 15 15:51:12 BST 2012

On Sat 13 Oct 2012 AD 00:57:24 Leon Pollak wrote:
> It seems you have the same problem as I did: the sidebar is not shown at
> all, because its place is totally occupied by the agenda or "todo"
> views. Try to make them smaller and then the calendar sidebar will
> become visible. Then you will be able to "enable" your calendars.

Hi, Leon,

Not quite:  the sidebar calendars (Settings>Sidebar>Show Date Navigator) were
always visible.  The problem was that, in order to be able to actually use the
calendars, one has to show the Calendar Manager *in the sidebar*
(Settings>Sidebar>Show Calendar Manager), and *then* manually enable the
calendars by selecting them *also in the sidebar*.

My problem was that I was expecting to enable the calendars files somewhere
under Settings>Configure KOrganizer.   Since I normally only have the monthly
calendars ("Date Navigator") displayed in the sidebar, I didn't see the
Calendar Manager method of enabling calendar files.

I just hope that I don't forget this the *next* time I upgrade KDE.  :-/

Have a great day!
   James