[kdepim-users] invisible folder

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 21:52:36 BST 2012

Hi all,

I attempted creating a new folder in a gmail IMAP account using Kmail. An
error occurred and the folder was not created in Kmail under that account. I
then used the web interface and logged in that gmail account via firefox. The
folder was already created on the server side. I went ahead and created a
filter for that folder in gmail, again using the web browser. When I launched
kmail again, that folder was still not listed. It is still not listed after
several synch attempts. When I right click the IMAP account, and browse
through server side subscriptions in Kmail, that folder is listed and its
checkbox is marked there. Why is it not listed in the main kmail window, and
how can I make it happen so? I tried creating it again, a dialog with no
message appears :)? I created a folder with the same name under another folder
and tried to move it tot the account root, but gmail refuses to do it
appropriately since a folder with that name already exists there.

Any ideas?

Hakan

PS: This account contains several mailing lists and gigabytes of emails, so
deleting and recreating it should be the last resort IMHO.