[kdepim-users] KOrganizer won't display calendars, etc.

James K Gruetzner jkgruet at sandia.gov
Fri Oct 12 16:28:12 BST 2012

Hi, all,

I'm having a problem with KOrganizer 4.9.2.   It won't display any events --
new or old.   Here's some information:

  - The old std.ics calendar appears to be present, contains data, and has rw
privileges.

  - The std.ics file is indicated in the Settings>Configure>General>Calendars
tab, as shown by selecting it and looking in "Modify" at the "Filename" dialog
box.

  - The standard calendar in the Settings>Configure>General>Calendars tab is
also indicated as being "Ready".  (Ditto in the Akonadi Configuration tab in
the System Settings collection, of course.)

  - Also in Settings>Configure>General>Calendars, the "Active Alarms",
"Archived Alarms", and "Alarm Templates" files appear to be properly set up and
"Ready".   KAlarm appears to be working fine.

  - I also have "Enable file monitoring" selected, and "Read only" de-selected.

  - Settings>Configure>General>Save is set to have new events added to the
standard calendar.

  - Settings>Configure>Views>Agenda View includes "Time range selection . . .
starts events editor", "Only Categor" for color usage, and "Merge all
calendars into one view".

  - View>Filter shows "No filter" set.

Full reboots have not fixed the problem.

I recently upgraded to KDE 4.9.2 via Fedora 17, and finally have most of the
kde-pim stuff I've been using functioning.  (It took a reinstall of kmail to
get that working, but it generally is working OK now, if more akin to a snail
than to a cheetah.)

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance,
  James