[kdepim-users] Searching problems

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 21 04:38:12 GMT 2012

On Monday 19 November 2012 07:39:26 O. Sinclair wrote:

> I would enable kubuntu backports ppa and upgrade to 4.9.3 and that for a
> number of reasons. One of them being that filtering and search has been
> "recoded" in KMail, another that autocompletion of mail address from
> address books works, as does distribution lists.
>
> Search also works better after initial indexing is done. Am not sure it
> works "perfect" as I don't use it that often, but it does work more the
> way I expect it to.

Okay thanks. Is that backport available to Kubuntu 12.04, as that is the
latest I have. Seems that a Nepomuk 'bug' by not recognising hidden folders is
an issue with file manager/searching, so this may be related. Why I say that is
because KMail finds results with searching in the inbox or sent box, but not in
other folder, because they all have a period before the path name (hidden
files).

Regards,

Peter