[kdepim-users] How can I make kmail not send mail to users with no address???

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:27:54 GMT 2012

On 26/11/2012 13:09, Anders Lund wrote:
> If I enter a name in the To field of composer, like in this mail, kmail (or
> akonadi_something?) will send the mail to <that name>@<my hostname>, which is
> guaranteed to not work.
>
> Where can I configure kmail to not do that? It would be smart if it would
> complain about the missing address instead!

If I remember correct you are on 4.9.x, if not be aware that
autocompletion of mail address does not work in 4.8.x (however in 4.7.x
it does).

If however you are on a version where it should work, I see similar
behaviour only if a Group/Distribution list goes corrupted (eg an
address in the list does not exist in the Address Book). I then have to
bite the bullet and recreate the list, have found no other way around
this problem.

So if this is a single address it could be that the contact in question
is somehow gone corrupt. Just a guess though as I can not remember
having encountered this with single addresses.

Best,
Sinclair