[kdepim-users] Filter on language

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Nov 24 12:29:56 GMT 2012

Am Montag, 19. November 2012 schrieb ianseeks:
> On Saturday 17 Nov 2012 19:48:32 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2012 schrieb ianseeks:
> > > Hi
> >
> > Hi Ian,
> >
> > > I'm getting loads of spam from a japanese sites and i'm now bored
> > > of updating my junk filters every day .
> > >
> > > Is there a way i can filter out emails that are using asian
> > > language fonts?
[…]
> > Anyway, I recommend something more generic – at least if you are
> > running your own mail server: policyd-weight. It removes most spam
> > at SMTP level by some tests and asking a set of blacklists.
>
> thanks but i'm not running my own mail server.

Hmm, then you can still do client side filtering with CRM114.

I never tried that with IMAP, but it should work – if all issues with
filtering in KDEPIM 2 are resolved… Its some traffic back and forth tough.

> > On the client I suggest CRM114. I wrote an article on how to
> > integrate, but did not test this with KDEPIM 2 already. Tell me if
> > you are interested and I see if this article has been translated to
> > english and possibly provide a link.
> >
> > Whats the advantage of CRM114 or another self-learning spam filter?
> > You do not have to create your own spam filter rules every day.
[…]
> Thanks for your response. I was trying to avoid spamassassin et al as
> I'm a lazy bugger  :o)

Heh, I did this setup cause I am a lazy bugger, too.

Actually I think if I had to do manual spam filter rules that would be more
work, way more work. And I have to redo and adapt these again and again
and again. Without policyd-weight and CRM114 my mail account would receive
hundreds, if not thousands of spams *each* day. I am not going to do any
manual filter rules for that.

I like that CRM114 is doing that for me :). Heck I even use a years old
configuration of CRM114. I do not even remember when I last touched it.

With a good mail provider which provides a trainable spam filter you can
let their servers to the work. Maybe you are doing that and just adding
some manual filter rules on top? I would train their filter, if its a good
one.

Ciao,