[kdepim-users] Messages bypassing filtering

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Tue Nov 13 16:57:31 GMT 2012

Kubuntu 12.04 upgraded
Qt: 4.8.2
KDE Development Platform: 4.9.3
Kontact: 4.9.3

I know it sounds odd but I'm seeing messages reaching folders with no entries
in the filter logs.  I'm logging rule evaluation, pattern evaluation and filter
actions.  There is a rule at the top of my list to delete by username and a
later rule to move to a folder on list name.  Somehow the message is skipping
the delete and managing to hit the move, all without logging.

Thoughts (other than "you're crazy!")?

I just cleared the log, let a couple of messages come in and rechecked and
only one of the messages is logged.  I don't think I'm seeing (or not seeing)
things here.

(Also: why does the filter log viewer pop 'under' the Kontact window?  That's
kind of annoying...)