[kdepim-users] Nepomuk

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Nov 18 12:56:59 GMT 2012

Anders Lund wrote:

> The problems with nepomuk are ONLY created by kdepim applications abusing
> the system. If I shut down akonadi, I have no problems running nepomuk.

I have to say that I had big problems with Nepomuk in the past. But recently
there were improvements, and now I have it enabled (with KDE master, the
upcoming KDE 4.10) and it *seems* to work fine for a few weeks. Fine as in
it doesn't slow down the system, I didn't check if it find everything or not
(quick search in KMail seems to find mails where the searched text is in the
mail body, so it looks to work ok).
 I don't have file indexer enabled, just the email indexing.

Andras