[kdepim-users] GPG again, again

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Thu May 3 09:35:07 BST 2012

I haven't had the need to send signed mails for a while, and suddenly it has
stopped working.
When trying to send a signed mail the composer window stays disabled for like
10-15 minutes, and the I get an error messages saying "Examination of
recipient's signing preferences showed no common type of signature matching
your available signing keys.
Send message without signing?"

When I click "No" I get a message "Error resolving keys. Please report a bug".
Looking at the bug reports about KMail and signing/encrypting that is rather
futile, so I will ask here instead.

I had it working just fine some months ago and I'm guessing some update broke
it. GPG and encrypting/signing is all Greek to me but I do notice one new
message in .xsession-errors although I don't know if it's relevant:

<update_cardinfo>
get_card_status( "/home/tol/.gnupg/reader_0.status" , 0 , 0x7fd378052ec0 )
gpgagent_transact( SCD SERIALNO )
gpgagent_transact( SCD SERIALNO ): "Card error"
</update_cardinfo>
eventCounter: 4294967295
ReaderStatusThread[2nd]: .zZZ
ReaderStatusThread[2nd]: .oOO
ReaderStatusThread[2nd]: new iteration command= "__check__"  ; nullSlot= true
gpgagent_transact( GETEVENTCOUNTER )
get_event_counter(): got ( status( "EVENTCOUNTER" ) = "1 1 0"
)

This repeats every second or so. As I don't even have a card reader it would
be better if it would stop querying for it.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus