[kdepim-users] KMail 4.8.2: 'Find Messages' broken...

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Fri May 18 16:16:41 BST 2012

(Using KMail 4.8.2 in 64-bit Mageia-2-Beta3)

Although I am otherwise quite happy with KMail 4.8.2 (mapping its Local
Folders onto my KDE 3.5.2  /kmail/mail folder), I've hit a show-stopper
with the 'Find Messages' function.

Problem with Find Messages:

 (1) Never finds anything in 'To' or 'From' fields.

 (2) Sometimes finds the search string in 'Subject', but not
consistently or all occurrences.

 (3) Provides no feedback when totally failing; just sits there saying
"Ready".

   So - with a useless Find Mesages I am - sadly - unable to use KMail
4.8.2 on a working basis.

Others have found similar problems - see bugs.kde.org  bug reports 281227
and 299840,  where there seems to be no action happening.

Has anyone here found a solution to these Find Meszsages problems?

--
/\/\aurice
	(Retired in Surrey, UK)