[kdepim-users] HOWTO: Get rid of Local Folders that keeps recreated

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Mar 18 00:47:36 GMT 2012

Hi,

 there is a common issue that you have a Local Folder pointing to
~/.local/share/local-mail that you don't use, but you can't get rid of it.
I wrote a small wiki page howto fix remove it:
http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips#Local_Folders_is_added_over_and_over

I know this is not optimal, especially the Outbox part is ugly and there
should be a nice UI to do it (instead of the maildispatcher crashing when
you remove the account with outbox and recreating the Local Folder
automatically), but as we don't have it yet, the only solution is what I
wrote in the wiki.

I hope this is useful for you as well (yeah, I wrote as I had to fix it
myself today)

Andras