[kdepim-users] local mail disappearing into akonadi.db

William Seager seager at utsc.utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 13 21:14:34 GMT 2012

Hi all - I'm having a lot of trouble with kmail 4.8.0 (kde 4.8.1).

Really troubling is this: some of my locally stored mail
which should be in ~/.local/share/.local-mail.directory
has mysteriously migrated to ~/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi.db

I can use grep to see the headers and contents of my mail.
The mail does show up in kmail but is NOT stored anywhere
in my local mail folders.

This seems to happen kind of randomly to mail which is
copied or moved from imap server or other local mail
folders.

The question is: how to get my mail back into local folders
and how to keep it there.

thanks in advance, WES