[kdepim-users] KMail issues

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 23:10:54 BST 2012

On Sun March 25 2012 3:00:14 PM you wrote:
> On Sunday, 2012-03-25, you wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, that looks how it should be.
> > >
> > > So, if you start KMail a second time after that, does that work?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Kevin
> >
> > Nope. It will ONLY work if I manually start Akonadi from a command line. I
> > can then close that console window after akonadi is completely running and
> > I'm good, but until then, it's no go. :(
>
> Strange. What about another Akonadi client, e.g. KAddressBook?
> Does it also only work after manually restarting Akonadi or does it also
> work when KMail bailed out or does it even work when it starts Akonadi
> itself?

FYI, KMail2 died silently again, so I shut it down, killed and restarted
Akonadi and noticed some errors. Now I don't know if this is because I don't
have Nepomuk enabled (from what I've read, it's b0rken anyway, no not much
point in having it running) or if it's just another symptom of Akonadi/Kmail2
breaking...
Anyway, here's the error:
akonadi_kabc_resource_3(22970)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry:
doesn't know "/home/john/.kde/share/apps/kabc"
akonadi_kabc_resource_4(22971)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry:
doesn't know "/home/john/.kde/share/apps/kabc"

Any ideas???