[kdepim-users] akonadi_mailfilter_agent uses 100% CPU and eats my memory

Ferdinand Smit ferdinand at telegraafnet.nl
Wed Mar 28 22:26:38 BST 2012

Hi,

I have some problems with the mailfilter. When i login in KDE, akonadi starts
a akonadi_mailfilter_agent that takes a lot of CPU and memory. After 15
minutes my session crashed because it has eaten al my memory (8Gb + 2Gb swap)
If i kill it 3 times, immediately after i login, the process is disabled in
akonadiconsole, but that's not a handy workaround and it with a diabled
mailfilter my send mail will stay in the outbox folder with an errormessage.

I removed all kmail filters, removed akonadi configfiles for filters, removed
the agent in akonadi, but it keeps comming back after a relogin.

I do have a lot of email (3Gb or so) but it used to be working fine. After
upgrading to kde 4.8 the filter is not working anymore.

What can i do to fix it or to disable the agent ?

I use kubuntu: akonadi-server 1.7.0-0ubuntu1~oneiric1~ppa2, kdepim-runtime
4:4.8.1-0ubuntu1~oneiric1~ppa1

Regards,
Ferdinand