[kdepim-users] Advice, please on how to transfer addressbook categories from KDE-PIM3 to KDE 4.7

Bob Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Sun Jun 3 02:49:22 BST 2012

I'm still trying to see whether I can use KDE 4.7 with it's newer KDEPIM, so
I've installed a fresh version of Opensuse 12.1 with KDE 4.7 on a spare
laptop.

So far, I've been able to deal with usenet news, the calendar is working, and
right now I'm trying to transfer the old categories of my 1700 addresses to
the new addressbook.

If I just import the entire old addressbook.vcf, everything is in one file,
which isn't very satisfactory.

I've exported each of the old categories to a separate *.vcf file, so I can
import them separately. When I do this, however, if an address is in more
than one category, it shows up twice in the address book.

How do I deal with this? Suggestions would be welcomed.
--
Bob Smits <bob at rsmits.ca>

Poverty is the worst form of violence
Mohandas Gandhi