[kdepim-users] KMail crashing on HTML

James james.cain.25 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:05:42 BST 2012

On Monday, July 09, 2012 04:39:33 PM Mark Fraser wrote:
> On Monday 09 Jul 2012 09:54:26 John Aldrich wrote:
> > It seemed like this problem was resolved, but yesterday KMail2 (Fedora
> > 17) kept crashing when I changed between two different HTML messages.
> > Unfortunately I'm at work and do not have access to my machine to get
> > the version numbers, so I can't say which version, but I know Fedora
> > 17 is pretty "bleeding-edge."
>
> I've had this all the time since upgrading to Kubuntu 11.10 and then to
> Kubuntu 12.04. Trying the KDE 4.9 betas hasn't helped either.

Sane here on Kubuntu 12.04 with KDE 4.9 Beta 2. Actually, it should quite
easily be fixed because it always crashes when receiving mail from one
particular sender. I've tried submitting a bug report with the attached and
offending HTML, but I can't as, of course, the bug has been reported numerious
times and therfore not receiving any more submissions. It's a shame really.

- James Cain
thebluemint.net