[kdepim-users] Fwd: Re: Kontact Crashes at Startup for One User Only

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Sun Jul 1 09:00:06 BST 2012

For future reference for anyone else that has this problem, Andras's
suggestion worked. Thanks!

Subject: Re: Kontact Crashes at Startup for One User  Only
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012, 10:50:06
From: Andras Mantia <amantia at kde.org>
To: james at booths.net.nz

Hi,

james at booths.net.nz wrote:
> Hi, I'm hoping I can get some help here, as I have not found anything
> useful on the web and had no replies to a post on the KDE forums.

>From the log it might be because of some broken email in the "dead letter"
folder saved after crash, that crashes kmail again. Here is my suggestion:

- make copy of ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail2 (or .kde4, depending on the distro)
- start kmail/kontact
- if works, then exit, restore the content and try again. If still crashes,
report the bug with the content of the above dir attached in a tarball.

Andras