[kdepim-users] KMail crashing on HTML

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:39:24 BST 2012

On 09/07/12 18:30, John Aldrich wrote:
> Quoting James <james.cain.25 at gmail.com>:

>>> I've had this all the time since upgrading to Kubuntu 11.10 and then to
>>> Kubuntu 12.04. Trying the KDE 4.9 betas hasn't helped either.
>>
>> Sane here on Kubuntu 12.04 with KDE 4.9 Beta 2. Actually, it should quite
>> easily be fixed because it always crashes when receiving mail from one
>> particular sender. I've tried submitting a bug report with the
>> attached and
>> offending HTML, but I can't as, of course, the bug has been reported
>>  numerious
>> times and therfore not receiving any more submissions. It's a shame
>> really.
>>
> Good to know I'm not alone in this. If they aren't accepting any more
> submissions, that must mean it's a pretty popular bug, and theoretically
> should be fixed soon. :D OTOH, I think I recall reading that it has to
> do with the "engine" used to render HTML, so it may not be so easy to
> fix. :(

I don't know whether there is any relevance, but in Thunderbird I'm
finding strange behaviour for html messages.  My default setting is
"View message body as Original HTML" and that works fine for a lot of
messages, but there are some where I have to change it to "View message
body as Simple HTML" for it to show up - otherwise I just see the code.

Until I hit this I didn't realise that HTML mail might be a very
complicated issue.  Even messages from TechRadar  might come in either
variety.

Anne
--
Need KDE help?  Try