[kdepim-users] Advice, please on how to transfer addressbook categories from KDE-PIM3 to KDE 4.7

Bob Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Sat Jul 7 21:17:56 BST 2012

On Wednesday 06 June 2012 20:11:12 Sérgio Basto wrote:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=kde+user+base
> +migration&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=f
>irefox-a

Sorry, Sergio, but that leads to a lot of confusing messages, none of which
seem to have anything to do with my original question.

I can transfer my address book to the new version, but my categories don't
seem to have any effect.

I even tried going to KDEPIM 3 and exporting each category separately to a
different .vcf file.

But when I open kaddressbook, and imported the new vcf files, whenever someone
is in more than 1 category, I see two or more copies in the addressbook.

How do I just make kaddressbook behave as much as possible like my old
version?

--
Bob Smits <bob at rsmits.ca>

Poverty is the worst form of violence