[kdepim-users] Kmail and automatic completion

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Fri Jan 27 10:52:58 GMT 2012

On 23.01.2012, 19:31, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 23/01/12 18:05, Markus Feilner wrote:
> > Am Montag, 23. Januar 2012, 15:22:51 schrieb Markus Feilner:
> >> Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2012, 00:22:59 schrieb =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=EDvio?=
> >>
> >> Cipriano:
(...)

> this is what I did: backup on the local directory where I keep my
> contacts. Then via System Settings, Personal Information, Akonadi
> Resources I deleted the "non-working" Contacts and created a new one. Do
> NOT use KDE Resources on the same menu.
>
> Then it started working for me, note that Semantic Desktop has to be
> activated, am not sure about Desktop Search though.
>
> Oh and make sure in Kontact Addressbook that your "Personal Contacts" is
> ticked as active or nothing works. Same goes for Calendar, they seem to
> go "offline" from time to time.

Nope, didn't help.
I even removed the Kolab Account and created a personal contacts account where
I successfully imported all my contacts from a Vcard-dile. But still,
only "recently used" addresses pop up in Kontact. Strange, isn't it? I guess
I'll try from scratch once more, with no IMAP Account, a fresh user account
and only contacts in Kontact...

--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Kötztinger Straße 6c                 93057 Regensburg
Telefon:                                          +49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobil:                                              +49 170 3 02 70 92

Mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net   Web: http://www.feilner-it.net -
Google+: https://plus.google.com/105201437130417639658
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner

Linux Magazine Germany:        mfeilner at linux-magazin.de