[kdepim-users] My impressions about the current state of KDE-PIM

Torgny Nyblom nyblom at kde.org
Sun Jan 8 12:36:49 GMT 2012

On Sunday 08 January 2012 22.17.18 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 12:29:28 PM Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> > I must say that I disagree, the impression I've gotten is that for the most
> > part everything works with some minor issues.

> Search is badly broken for imap and marginal for everything else.
Search, yes the rest no.

> Stuff still mysteriously stops working with inscrutable (if we're lucky) error
> messages. Support fixes mainly consist of deleting everything (akonadi and
> nepomuk db's and config) and restarting from scratch. And hoping it works.

I do not think that you have gotten those advices with the possible exception of
creating a fresh agent instead of doing the migration form anyone even closely
connected to the coding.

<moderator hat on>
As i said in my last mail to this list, this thread shall now stop. There are no more
constructive things left to say here and for any such matter a new thread is to be
started.
<moderator hat off>

/Torgny