[kdepim-users] KMail: Waiting for folder contents when trying to open existing mail

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 09:06:04 GMT 2012

On Monday 02 January 2012 07:33:12 Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> A new "feature" was surprising me lately: When clicking on a existing mail
> to view its contents, kmail 4.7.3 shows up with a screen "Retrieving Folder
> Contents - Please wait ...". The maildir is on the local harddisk, so I
> really have no idea what it is waiting for
>
> Any ideas?

I had the same.  Just open the Akonadi configuration and restart the server
there.  Before that you will notice that Akonadi is syncing one or few of the
folders.  This takes forever and never stops until server is restarted.  I
have no idea why.  After the last update of the system it disappeared.

Kubuntu 11.10, KDE 4.7.4