[kdepim-users] Saying a saddened goodbye to KMail, thank you KMail2

infrabit at infrabit.net infrabit at infrabit.net
Tue Jan 3 22:20:01 GMT 2012

On Tuesday, January 03,2012 1:53:49 PM John Wilson wrote:

> Since  upgrading to KMail2 I've had lost mail, frozen apps, Nepomuk hogging
> as much CPU time as it could get, followed by Virtuoso and throwing up
> strange dialogs callled Conflict Resolution.   Which left for an "extended"
> period of time, say 5 minutes, crashes KMail with no log entry to be found.

I've been struggling with high CPU (>150%) for the past week, learned more
about what Akondai, Nepomuk, Virtuoso do, decided to disable Nepomuk completely
which brought back the old good response of KMail and eventually found this:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdepim-users&m=132216525522932&w=2 followed it and it's
been now a few hours with max load 0.22 on a 3GHz dual core box.

I'm not a KDE developer and will say that a big change requires cooperation,
we'll get through this don't worry.

HTH