[kdepim-users] Kmail and automatic completion

Markus Feilner mfeilner at linux-magazin.de
Mon Jan 23 15:46:51 GMT 2012

Am Montag, 23. Januar 2012, 15:22:51 schrieb Markus Feilner:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2012, 00:22:59 schrieb =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=EDvio?=
>
> Cipriano:
> > On Wednesday 04 January 2012 09:18:46 O. Sinclair wrote:
> > > On 03/01/12 23:19, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
> > >

> > > As I recall it you have to create the Address Book using Akonadi
> > > Resources, not KDE Resources. I first used a vcard but then switched
> > > back to "Personal Contacts".
> > >
> > > Do make a backup before you mess around with this, it took me some
> > > attempts to get it working as expected. And btw, Semantic Desktop has to
> > > be enabled.
> > >
> > > Kind regards
> > > Sinclair
> >
> > At the end I erase the .kde4 dir and start from scratch. I think it's all
> > working properly now.
> >
> > Just a small thing. It seams that akonadi doesn't allow two resources to
> > have the same same, ex. you can not have a maildir and a address book with
> > the same name.
> >
> > Regards
>
> Hi List,
> I have the same problem here with KDE/Kontact 4.8 rc2 (4.7.97) - and two
> IMAP- Accounts for E-Mail plus one groupware account on a Kolab server. The
> recently used addresses show up, but none of the adresses in the
> addressbooks (listed correctly in kontact's addressbook) are suggested when
> I want to write an E- Mail.
>
> I guess I'll give it another try and will remove the adressbook from
> Kontact, then from Akonadi, then restart akonadi and then add the kolab
> server again. Hope that helps... Any further hints are appreciated!
>
> (I had to upgrade to 4.7.98 because 4.7 always crashed on start with my
> setup. However, that's fixed by now ... strange)

Hi again,
all I tried didn't solve the problem:
I deleted all accounts from akonadi, rebootet and reconfigured them again - one
by one, always checking with contact if that step worked out. No
autocompletion in Kmail2.

Then I added a new user, with brandnew .kde-directories and added the three
accounts, one by one. No autocompletion here.

I am running Ubuntu 11.10, if that helps. The two IMAP Mail Accounts don't use
offline Mode, the Kolab Groupware account does.

What can I try now?  any help available?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best Regards,

Markus Feilner,
Stellvertretender Chefredakteur (Deputy Editor-in-Chief)
Linux-Magazin

--
Linux New Media AG,
Putzbrunner Straße 71,                     81739 München, Germany

Mail: mfeilner at linux-magazin.de  -  Web: http://www.linux-magazin.de
Google+: https://plus.google.com/105201437130417639658
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner

Linux New Media, the Pulse of Linux: Lawrence,KS - Malaga -
Manchester - München -  Sao Paulo - Warszawa