[kdepim-users] Kmail and Duplicated Messages

Lívio Cipriano lcipriano at iol.pt
Tue Jan 10 18:18:43 GMT 2012

On 10 January 2012 15:27:10 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On 10/01/12 14:05, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
> > On 10 January 2012 13:48:23 Anne Wilson wrote:
> >> reading
> >> MailDir storage format was not one of them.
> >
> > "KMail MailDir" format.
> >
> > Livio
>
> Sorry, I don't know what you mean.
>
> Anne

In Kmail, if you go to Settings->Configure Kmail->Accounts->Add, you I'll
notice that exist, at least, to types of local repositories for your email
messages in your PC: "KMail Maildir" and "Maildir". The first stores emails
messages as files in directories or emails messages in files of type Mailbox
(mbox). KDE 3.5 supported this type of repository; as mentioned in the above
dialogue. This format resulted after importing emails from some other system -
in my case was Thunderbird - and adding new folders after.

I'm assuming that Kmail2 stores emails  only as files in dirs. Ex. Personal
Folders has Maildir format. This works fine, but I've not yet notice that
Kmail2 works with "Kmail Maildir" formats. With repositories with format
"Kmail Maildir", imported from KDE 3.5, Kmail2 recognizes the messages that
were stored in dirs, but NOT the messages stored in Mailbox files.

Regards
Lívio Cipriano