[kdepim-users] Keep on working without mails and addressbook being always present

Antonio asmond at orange.es
Sun Jan 8 19:45:05 GMT 2012

> > > Thanks. The problem would appear also when starting again the
> > > computer, the ext4 directory would not be mounted and... the akonadi
> > > database would not find the mail files and would act like if they
> > > were deleted.
> >
> > In any case, akonadi should behave and not mistake missing access to a
> > file in a remote or unmounted directory for the data having been
> > deleted! Did you search bugs.kde.org for a file? Otherwise it would be
> > good to ensure this is reported.

Thanks, I've searched bugs.kde.org but didn't find one filed.

> Would be interesting to know the KDEPIM/KMail/KDE/Akonadi-Version Antonio
> is using… Maybe its an older one.

Thanks. The versions of the programs are:
    Kmail version:
        kmail --version
            Qt: 4.7.4
            KDE development platform: 4.7.3 (4.7.3)
            KMail: 4.7.3

    Akonadi version
        akonadictl --version
            Akonadi 1.6.2

    Nepomuk version
        nepomukcontroller --version
            Qt: 4.7.4
            KDE development platform: 4.7.3 (4.7.3)
            Controlador de Nepomuk: 1.0

I've reduced the problem to that one:

* Description of the problem:
    No mails are found in Kmail.

* Introduction:
    The mails are stored in an ext4 directory that is "mounted" manually after
the computer starts.
    Possibly Akonadi doesn't find the mails when the computer is started and so
the mails are not "cached" and so Kmail doesn't display them?

* Steps to reproduce the problem:
    - I start the PC.
    - I manually "mount" the ext4 directory that contains the "local-mail".
    - I start Kmail but no messages are seen in its folders (like "inbox").
    - I click with the secondary button of the mouse in the Kmail "Local
folders" folder, and I choose "Refresh folder and subfolders", after a while
of "updating" I can see the email messages.
    - I close Kmail, I execute
        pgrep kmail && kdialog --error "Kmail in memory" || akonadictl stop
    - I manually "unmount" the ext4 directory that contains the "local-mail".
    - I reboot the computer... and the problem still exists.

Have you got any possible way that can help me?