[kdepim-users] My impressions about the current state of KDE-PIM

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 12:17:18 GMT 2012

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 12:29:28 PM Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> I must say that I disagree, the impression I've gotten is that for the most
> part everything works with some minor issues.

Search is badly broken for imap and marginal for everything else.

Stuff still mysteriously stops working with inscrutable (if we're lucky) error
messages. Support fixes mainly consist of deleting everything (akonadi and
nepomuk db's and config) and restarting from scratch. And hoping it works.

>There are some areas where
> there are issues but the most negative feedback is coming from a vocal
> minority.

Unsupported and patronising assumption. Perhaps that it reliably works for you
puts you in the minority

--
Lindsay