[kdepim-users] Kmail and Duplicated Messages

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Jan 10 21:00:42 GMT 2012

Am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2012 schrieb LĂ­vio Cipriano:
> On 10 January 2012 21:43:44 O. Sinclair wrote:
> > However I do
> > not think it mixes maildir and mbox, that must be a misunderstanding
> > and the
>
> It does. I have then and it worked in in KDE 3.5.

Yes, I am pretty sure it does. I am using this for years in KDEPIM.

I have Maildir folders as usual folders and Mbox folders as archive. All
within one mail account or one resource.

AFAIK this mixed mbox/maildir resource has been ported to Akonadi as well,
but is not as well tested and at least *was* not as good optimized as the
pure maildir resource.

So my last knowledge is that it is recommended not to use the mixed
mbox/maildir resource in Akonadi. So I consider to put my archive into a
different mbox only resource prior to migrating to KMail 2.

What puzzles me tough it seems that in the akonadi kcm for systemsettings
it does not seem possible to add a mixed mbox/maildir resource. It simply
does not seem to be offered. At least not with KDE SC 4.7.4 and Akonadi
1.6.2.