[kdepim-users] kmail2:Here we go again

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:20:11 GMT 2012

4.8 RC2 Gmail imap account, working fine for weeks. Nothing changed
but now I get that perpetual rotating wait icon, followed by the
"Unable to fetch job" error when trying to access sub folders - inbox
is ok.

reboots don't make any difference.

I know the deal - the only reliable way to fix it is to delete the
virtuoso/nepomuk databases and all kmail configs and recreate the
account from scratch, but you know what? I just can't be bothered any
more. Tired out and fed up. I've been a good boy, I given up hoping
for a search that works, I don't attempt to integrate with google
calendar or contacts any more, I don't expect address expansion to
work reliably.

But its just easier to use my webmail. At least it always works, even
if its not as integrated with the kde desktop.

So one less reason to use KDE at all.

--
Lindsay