[kdepim-users] Kmail and automatic completion

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Mon Jan 23 14:22:51 GMT 2012

Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2012, 00:22:59 schrieb =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=EDvio?=
Cipriano:
> On Wednesday 04 January 2012 09:18:46 O. Sinclair wrote:
> > On 03/01/12 23:19, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
> >

> > As I recall it you have to create the Address Book using Akonadi
> > Resources, not KDE Resources. I first used a vcard but then switched
> > back to "Personal Contacts".
> >
> > Do make a backup before you mess around with this, it took me some
> > attempts to get it working as expected. And btw, Semantic Desktop has to
> > be enabled.
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Sinclair
>
> At the end I erase the .kde4 dir and start from scratch. I think it's all
> working properly now.
>
> Just a small thing. It seams that akonadi doesn't allow two resources to
> have the same same, ex. you can not have a maildir and a address book with
> the same name.
>
> Regards

Hi List,
I have the same problem here with KDE/Kontact 4.8 rc2 (4.7.97) - and two IMAP-
Accounts for E-Mail plus one groupware account on a Kolab server. The recently
used addresses show up, but none of the adresses in the addressbooks (listed
correctly in kontact's addressbook) are suggested when I want to write an E-
Mail.

I guess I'll give it another try and will remove the adressbook from Kontact,
then from Akonadi, then restart akonadi and then add the kolab server again.
Hope that helps... Any further hints are appreciated!

(I had to upgrade to 4.7.98 because 4.7 always crashed on start with my setup.
However, that's fixed by now ... strange)

--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Kötztinger Straße 6c                 93057 Regensburg
Telefon:                                          +49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobil:                                              +49 170 3 02 70 92

Mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net   Web: http://www.feilner-it.net -
Google+: https://plus.google.com/105201437130417639658
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner

Linux Magazine Germany:        mfeilner at linux-magazin.de