[kdepim-users] Kmail and Duplicated Messages

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:04:04 GMT 2012

On 10/01/12 18:18, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
> On 10 January 2012 15:27:10 Anne Wilson wrote:
>>>
>>> "KMail MailDir" format.
>>>
>>> Livio
>>
>> Sorry, I don't know what you mean.
>>
>> Anne
>
> In Kmail, if you go to Settings->Configure Kmail->Accounts->Add, you
> I'll notice that exist, at least, to types of local repositories for
> your email messages in your PC: "KMail Maildir" and "Maildir". The
> first stores emails messages as files in directories or emails
> messages in files of type Mailbox (mbox). KDE 3.5 supported this type
> of repository; as mentioned in the above dialogue. This format
> resulted after importing emails from some other system - in my case
> was Thunderbird - and adding new folders after.
>
> I'm assuming that Kmail2 stores emails  only as files in dirs. Ex.
> Personal Folders has Maildir format. This works fine, but I've not
> yet notice that Kmail2 works with "Kmail Maildir" formats. With
> repositories with format "Kmail Maildir", imported from KDE 3.5,
> Kmail2 recognizes the messages that were stored in dirs, but NOT the
> messages stored in Mailbox files.

As I said, I'm not using KMail 2 but I think you are making dubious
assumptions.  I can't see why a folder type would be "KMail Maildir" yet
hold mbox files - it just doesn't seem logical to me.  In any case,
KMail always did read mbox files, as you say, but it sounds to me as
though you are selecting the wrong type of resource.

In Akonadi Configuration you can add a resource of the type Mbox - the
description says "Loads data from a local mbox file".  I would have
thought that if your messages are in mbox files you would need to use
that resource and point it to your mail.

Anne
--
Need KDE help?  Try
http://userbase.kde.org or